The spiritual successor to the greatest drum machine the world ever saw.
Watch The Video
A legend, Reborn.
The S2400 is nothing short of a passion project. Along with a small team of talented Software Engineers, CAD Engineers and revered artists, we have developed, what we think is a future classic.
ISLA Instruments founder, Brad Holland has been obsessed with drum machines for many years. Owning, repairing, restoring, modifying countless makes and models (see his crazy HR-16 mods on youtube).
Staying true to form in both sonic characteristics and design aesthetic were the main drivers in the realisation of this project, while bringing the hardware into the 21st Century and keeping the same ‘instant gratification’ and intuitiveness of its spiritual pre-predecessor at heart.
Watch The Video
A machine built for the now and the future.
Sampler / Audio
- 24-Bit 48Khz ‘Hi-Fi’ Sampling/Playback Engine
- 12-Bit 26Khz ‘Classic’ Sampling/Playback Engine
- Engine type assignable to each of the 32 sample slots
- Sample up to 21.5 minutes per slot (Classic / Mono),
5.5 minutes (Hi-Fi / Stereo)
- Simultaneous (Full Duplex) playback and record with 8 channel LiveLooping functionality.
- On-screen waveform display (slice audio, set loop-points with ease)
- 128 MB of built-in factory drum kits (from some of our featured beta team)
- Independent Headphone output for monitoring (effectively 2 extra channels)
- DSP based LP/HP Filtering per track (more FX planned for future)
- Multiple sequence entry methods: Live recording, Step Sequence, Piano Roll GUI, TR x0x Style
- 32 Audio Tracks (any 8 playable at a time)
- 32 MIDI Tracks (for sequencing external equipment)
- 96 PPQN Clock
- Per track quantization and swing (including classic mode)
- Patterns are up to 100 measures, any time signature
- All parameters (level, pitch, envelope, filters) configurable per pattern step
- Song mode
- Bright 128 × 64 pixel OLED display (viewable from any angle)
- Ultra High quality Grayhill Optical Data Entry Encoder
- 8 x 60mm Professional Dual Rail Faders
- 8 x Dual ‘concentric’ Pro-Audio rotary pots
- Broadcast Equipment grade A/V backlit pushbutton switches
- Tactile silicone pads backlit with RGB LEDs
- SD Card storage (up to 1TB currently tested)
- Classic (OG) input and output analogue filtering circuitry.
- MIDI In/Out/Thru (Standard 5-pin DIN)
- 2 × 1/4” Stereo Mix Out jacks (psuedo balanced)
- 8 × 1/4” Individual audio out jacks (psuedo balanced)
- 4 × 1/4” External input jacks (with adjustable pre-amp modes)
- 2 × Stereo RCA Line/Phono Inputs (with dual phono pre-amps)
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 device port. (USB Audio/MIDI)
- USB Host port (connect external USB peripherals, MIDI controllers etc).
- 3.5mm Clock/trigger in and out jacks (to sync/trigger vintage equipment or modular synths)
- Universal Voltage100-250V AC Mains powered.
- Rock Solid 16Ga Cold Rolled Steel enclosure with 6mm Anodised aluminium sidewalls.
- Aluminum knobs
- Dimensions: (Including knobs, jacks, feet)
Imperial: W18” x D12” x H5” (back) 3” (front)
Metric: W460mm x D310mm x H130mm (back) 80mm (front)
- Weight: approximately 13lbs / 6Kgs (metric)
World Class Beta testers..
We’re extremely lucky and proud to have some truly world class musicians, producers and professional testers onboard to help us envision our goal. To make a true, future classic machine, and to make it the best it can be.
DJ JAZZY JEFF
EASY MO BEE
"The Sound of a Future Classic"
Available on Pre-order.