Docs & Downloads
Self-Help download & installation support.
KordBot User Manual v1 (PDF)
1st Version of the Official KordBot Manual.
KordBot Firmware v5.0 (latest)
Major Rework of underlying engine code.
This update patches a lot of ‘invisible’ stuff paving the way for the sequencer and new features coming later this summer.
Right from turning the kordbot on, you will witness a much faster KordBot.
- Improved rotary encoder response
- Ability to use any encoder on main menu screen
- Improved sync to external MIDI clock.
- Improved Boot Up speed
OSX Updater Application
The OSX version of the firmware update tools requires some dependencies to be installed (libusb).
Although you may already have these installed, it is highly recommended to let the application do its thing by installing the extra tools as detailed below.
Furthermore, due to Apple’s security settings, if you find it will not let you run the application, go to your System Preferences > Security & Privacy > then click the ‘Open Anyway’ button.
- Download and extract the zip file.
- While Holding in the pushbutton switch on the underside of the KordBot, connect the USB to your computer. (there will be no signs of life), Run the application.
- From the Apple Menu ‘Help” bar, select ‘Install Command line tools’.
- When this process completes, you can continue to browse to the dfu file and then upgrade.
Windows Updater Application
- Download the application
- Extract all from the zip file. It will create a folder named DFU_Kordbot
- Go into the extracted folder DFU_Kordbot and run setup.exe
- After the installation, a shortcut should appear on the desktop called DFU_KordBot
- If the shortcut isn’t available, use the Start menu to open All Programs and look for the folder DFU_KordBot
- Click on the folder and then right-click on the exposed application. Select “Send To” from the menu and select “Desktop (create shortcut)”. A shortcut should then appear on the desktop.
- Double-click the shortcut for DFU_Kordbot
- A window appears with three buttons. Click the left button to open your default browser to the ISLA web page.
- Locate the version of the firmware you want to download and save it to your computer. Ideally, you will set up a folder for this purpose.
- Turn the KordBot over and click and hold the reset button as you plug in the USB cable. This sets the KordBot into DFU mode.
- Click “Load Update” and select the file from the folder in step 3, above. Press the “Open” button to start the process
- After the update succeeds, the KordBot will automatically boot. You can then press the “Exit” button on the updater.
Windows DFU Driver
Browse in the User Community
ISLA Instruments User Groups are open to any user who wants to share their knowledge, learn from others and add to the community.